Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Lisa Anime Boston 2015

Friday April 3rd 2015, LiSA had a concert performance at Anime Boston.
Friday April 3rd 2015 was one of the best times I've had in a long, long time.

Thanks to YouTube and Sword Art Online, I have been aware of LiSA for a while. When I found out she was coming to perform in America, a few hours from home, I had a trip planned within the week. And it couldn't have come at a better time. For the past few months, my mood has been in a bit of a funk. I had little motivation to do anything and my overall demeanor was grumpy. But that changed when I left for Anime Boston on Thursday the 2nd of April.  The weeks leading up to the convention, I played LiSA music nonstop. I even re-watched Angels Beats now knowing she was Yui's singing voice from GirlDeMo.



The performance was phenomenal. I waited in line for over 5 hours, my seats would've been better were it not for so many line cutters, but its hard to complain about the second row. LiSA's voice is what really attracted me to her music. Her voice is powerful and full of emotion that crosses the language barrier. My only complaint of the concert was the band was too loud, I wanted to hear her voice louder, but that is what I get for being so close to the stage. I wouldn't trade that though, she was close enough to look at us in front right in the eyes. It was an amazing experience. Her panel and getting a picture with her the next day was icing on the cake.

I was so excited I have crazy eyes. Right before the picture she commented on my hat saying "Su-pa-man", it was adorable :)

Aside from needing a vacation and some time to myself, coming home I was happier and more cheerful I felt motivated to do what I want and focus on improving myself and my life. That is because of LiSA. Its been a couple of weeks since then, and I can't stop thinking about that weekend. I hope I get the chance to see her again soon, even if it takes me farther from home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment